Senior Data Protection OfficerApply Now
This is Worldline
We are the innovators at the heart of the payments technology industry, shaping how the world pays and gets paid. The solutions our people build today power the growth of millions of businesses tomorrow. From your local coffee shop to unicorns and international banks. From San Francisco to Auckland. We are in every corner of the world, in every part of commerce. And just as we help our customers accelerate their business, we are committed to helping our people accelerate their careers. Together, we shape the evolution.
At Worldline, our technology addresses persistent challenges of the payment world. We design and operate leading digital payment and transactional solutions that enable sustainable economic growth and reinforce trust and security in our societies. If you are a highly-skilled Data Protection professional, then get ready to join our company.
The Senior Data Protection Officer - Worldline Merchant Services will report to the Worldline Group Head of Data Protection who sets the Group data protection strategy for Worldline Group of companies. As DPO and Data Protection Manager, you should be familiar with legal guidelines and corporate governance best practices. You must be comfortable saying “no” when necessary and be result-oriented. The role will consist in local role combined with pan-European responsibilities. The goal is to preserve the company’s integrity by making sure it stays on a lawful and ethical course.
- Responsible for: The Netherlands
- Supporting/Co-ordinating: Western, Eastern and Central Europe (Belgium, Germany, Sweden, Czech Republic, Spain, Luxembourg, Austria, Switzerland, France, Hungary, Italy and Poland).
- You work with the Data Protection team and global business units to ensure both existing and new products / services comply with the relevant privacy obligations.
- You manage a team of local DPOs within Worldline Merchant services.
- You work with local legal counsels, local management and key departments to ensure the organization has and maintains the appropriate privacy level.
- You foster a data protection culture within the organization and helps to implement essential elements of the GDPR and other relevant global privacy legislation, such as the principles of data processing, data subjects’ rights, data protection by design and by default, records of processing activities, security of processing, and notification and communication of data breaches.
- You assist local business units with development of tools and methodologies to ensure on-going compliance.
- You maintain a process for receiving, documenting, tracking, investigating and taking action on all requests / complaints concerning the organization’s privacy policies and procedures.
- You ensure existing and new products / services comply with the relevant privacy obligations with support from Worldline Merchant Services and close cooperation with the business units. Conducts Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs) to determine mitigating measures relevant to the risk level and maintains Data Processing Inventory (DPI) together with the Business.
- You ensure alignment between security and privacy practices.
- You offer consultation if a data breach or other incident occurs.
- You develop and provide regular data protection-related training of regulations and company procedure updates to staff.
Who Are We Looking For
We look for big thinkers. People who can drive positive change, step up and show what’s next – people with passion, can-do attitude and a hunger to learn and grow. In practice this means:
- Minimum 2-5 years of Data protection program management
- Pragmatism & hands-on mindset is required.
- Team player while able to work autonomously.
- Ability to think out of the box.
- Positive mind set.
- Knowledge of Dutch and/or any other European language.
Perks & Benefits
At Worldline you’ll get the chance to be at the heart of the global payments technology industry and shape how the world pays and gets paid. On top of that, you will also:
- Be part of a company guided by a strong purpose to do good and recognized as top 1% of the most sustainable companies in all sectors worldwide.
- Work with inspiring colleagues and be empowered to learn, grow and accelerate your career.
- Excellent benefits like a holiday allowance, Pension scheme, opportunity to work from home, etc.
- Employee Share Program. We win together as a team, and our long-term incentive plans are crafted to give every Worldline a financial stake in the business they are helping to grow
Shape the evolution
We are on an exciting journey towards the next frontiers of payments technology, and we look for big thinkers, people with passion, can-do attitude and a hunger to learn and grow. Here you’ll work with ambitious colleagues from around the world, take on unique challenges as a team, and make a real impact on the society. With an empowering culture, strong technology and extensive training opportunities, we help you accelerate your career - wherever you decide to go. Join our global team of 18,000 innovators and shape a tomorrow that is yours to own.
Learn more about life at Worldline at careers.worldline.com