transaction Monitoring Specialist (NL) - InternApply Now
This is Worldline
We are the innovators at the heart of the payments technology industry, shaping how the world pays and gets paid. The solutions our people build today power the growth of millions of businesses tomorrow. From your local coffee shop to unicorns and international banks. From San Francisco to Auckland. We are in every corner of the world, in every part of commerce. And just as we help our customers accelerate their business, we are committed to helping our people accelerate their careers.
Are you willing to join the fight against financial crime? Our Transaction Monitoring Specialist team is responsible for protecting Worldline from financial and reputational losses incurred by financial crimes by assessing, controlling and mitigating risks. Risk types related to Anti-Financial Crime are consolidated in a comprehensive risk management framework that covers Anti-Money-Laundering, Sanctions & Embargoes, Anti-Bribery & Corruption as well as Anti-Fraud & Investigations.
- Reviewing alerts through the AML software and identifying reportable transactions and ensuring timely, accurate filing of all required reports including Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) and Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs), Unusual Activity Reports.
- Identifying patterns and trends consistent with money laundering and terrorist financing, flagging any suspicious activities detected, and referring them to the Dutch National Bank (DNB) and the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) for pattern analysis.
- Resolving potential risk issues by conducting research and analysis on escalations from departments and other compliance functions, including reviewing transactions within the context of IeP’s business to determine if they are for a valid business purpose.
- Handling research related to Office Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) updates, Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) requests, Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) Regulations, Department of Commerce Denial Orders, Unusual Activity Report, information subpoenas and other requests from Legal/Compliance Divisions.
- Keeping accurate records and logging all work to ensure partners have all necessary information available in a timely manner.
- Raising issues as appropriate for advanced investigation and analysis
Who Are We Looking For
Are you interested in diving deep into transactions, perform the entire process of monitoring yourself and learning more about Anti-Money Laundering? For this function, we need a dedicated individual with both good analytical and technical skills. Our ideal candidate matches the following requirements:
- Minimum bachelor degree or equivalent
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent investigative and analytical skills
- Motivated, self-learner with a positive attitude and passion for transaction analysis
- Ideally some AML monitoring knowledge and/or experience
Perks & Benefits
Next to an internship allowance, we offer you the following benefits in this role
- Be part of a company guided by a strong purpose to do good and recognized as top 1% of the most sustainable companies in all sectors worldwide.
- Work with inspiring colleagues and be empowered to learn, grow and accelerate your career.
- We offer flexible working hours, so you can adapt to your personal circumstances. Hybrid set up is possible too!
- Opportunity to develop yourself in a rapidly growing and agile global organization.
- Joining the big-league means entering a world of knowledge and wisdom for you to opt-in to. Connect with like-minded colleagues, learn from the best and grow!
Shape the evolution
We are on an exciting journey towards the next frontiers of payments technology, and we look for big thinkers, people with passion, can-do attitude and a hunger to learn and grow. Here you’ll work with ambitious colleagues from around the world, take on unique challenges as a team, and make a real impact on the society. With an empowering culture, strong technology and extensive training opportunities, we help you develop your career - wherever you decide to go. Join our global team of 18,000 innovators and shape a tomorrow that is yours to own.
Learn more about life at Worldline atcareers.worldline.com