Software Developer/Technical LeadApply Now
Software Developer / Technical Lead
This is Worldline
We are the innovators at the heart of the payments technology industry, shaping how the world pays and gets paid. The solutions our people build today power the growth of millions of businesses tomorrow. From your local coffee shop to unicorns and international banks. From San Francisco to Auckland. We are in every corner of the world, in every part of commerce. And just as we help our customers accelerate their business, we are committed to helping our people accelerate their careers. Together, we shape the evolution.
You will be responsible for designing, developing and testing of Customer Information System software including front-end, backend database and cloud-hosted applications. The opportunity also includes assisting with diagnosis and rectification of faults.
Situated in our Beeston office, the CIS Team is made up of around 15 hardworking and enthusiastic people who share a passion for delivering real value to, and driving change in, the UK rail industry. We are the UK’s largest and most established provider of Customer Information Control systems that drive the CIS displays and automated Public address announcements at around 2,000 UK railway stations. Worldline provide these systems to Train Operating Companies and Network Rail.
- Developing, coding and testing in line with industry best practice and local standards
- Breaking down designs into work packages for the wider development team
- Providing expert technical guidance and support to other developers
- Reviewing work completed by the development team
- Coaching and mentoring the development team in how they work and the skills they use
Who Are We Looking For
We look for big thinkers. People who can drive positive change, step up and show what’s next – people with passion, can-do attitude and a hunger to learn and grow. In practice this means:
You strive to design the best possible solutions to provide intuitive, easy to use applications for our customers. You focus on the end user experience to develop first-class products that deliver maximum value to our customers, enabling them to convert this into the best possible service to their customers.
- You bring a passion for software product design.
- You tackle technical challenges head-on and relish getting your hands on code.
- You are able to work independently and take ownership for your tasks.
- You've got substantial knowledge in UI development (HTML, CSS, etc.)
- Ability to make pragmatic technical decisions balancing innovation with practicality and maintainability.
- You haveexperience of working with REST APIs, micro-services and an appreciation of cloud services.
- You have programming languages such as Java and Cobol.
- A good understanding of the overall software development lifecycle
Perks & Benefits
At Worldline you’ll get the chance to be at the heart of the global payments technology industry and shape how the world pays and gets paid. On top of that, you will also:
- Be part of a company guided by a strong purpose to do good and recognized as top 1% of the most sustainable companies in all sectors worldwide
- Work with inspiring colleagues and be empowered to learn, grow and accelerate your career
- Be part of a company with the GPTW status
- Access to a comprehensive benefits package
- Access to a flexible benefits scheme
- Have 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Have employee private medical cover, access to a virtual GP service
- Access to discounts and cash backs on shopping *
- Purchase a range of flexible benefits through salary sacrifice
- Have an Income protection @ 67% of base salary for 5 years, subject to Ts & Cs
- Have a Life assurance – 1 x salary if not in a pension scheme, 4 x salary if joins the pension scheme
- Have Pension – the company will match contributions up to 10%
Shape the evolution
We are on an exciting journey towards the next frontiers of payments technology, and we look for big thinkers, people with passion, can-do attitude and a hunger to learn and grow. Here you’ll work with ambitious colleagues from around the world, take on unique challenges as a team, and make a real impact on the society. With an empowering culture, strong technology and extensive training opportunities, we help you accelerate your career - wherever you decide to go. Join our global team of 18,000 innovators and shape a tomorrow that is yours to own.
Learn more about life at Worldline at careers.worldline.com