Devops Middleware Messaging Integration EngineerApply Now
As a DevOps Middleware Messaging Integration Engineer within the Business Services Integration Belgium team of the Production Services division you are responsible for supporting our development team on the platforms IBM MQ and ActiveMQ involved as middleware messaging solutions by :
- Assist in the setup of the environment on which our software stack runs;
- Assist in the setup of middleware messaging solutions;
- Research and propose changes to the current environment stack in a move to cloud context.
Business Services Integration provides second level production support on multiple applications running on the Global Payment platforms hosted by Worldline. The team is in charge of the development, maintenance and support of the IBM MQ and ActiveMQ services not only on the Belgian perimeter but also on the global perimeter (Merchant Services / Financial Services).
We are currently looking for a new team member to assist us.
Work schedule: business hours, with option to participate in a 24/7 on call support + occasional planned interventions outside business hours.
- Acquire profound knowledge of new and existing business services and its related application(s) and their underlying infrastructure and supporting technologies within your domain
- Contribute to the build; configuration; integration and deployment to production of the different software, monitoring and infrastructure components
- Contribute to Project Production readiness assessment or review
- Contribute in the trouble shooting and resolution process to provide a rapid restore or service recovery.
- Perform detailed analysis at application and/or infrastructure level in case of incidents and problems, mainly at application level
- Interact with various internal Monitoring, Operations and Development support functions to resolve production issues or to redesign/refine processes, procedures, delivery mechanisms and support models
- Identify and develop tools, techniques and procedures for improving the alarming, monitoring, performance, availability and reliability of applications
- Identify Single Point of Failure both at application and infrastructure level
- Work to provide services to agreed SLA’s and OLA’s
- Ensure compliance with departmental policies (i.e. change control, IT security standards, release management, incident management)
- Review application support documentation
- Contribute to process development and best practice. Looking at new ways to improve resilience, performance levels and supportability
- Master or Bachelor degree in IT, Electronics or Industrial Engineering
- Broad knowledge of Middleware messaging solution such as
- IBM MQ, Tivoli, MQTT products;
- ActiveMQ products;
- OS: Linux/Unix; Windows;
- Experience of large scale messaging systems;
- Good understanding of security issues surrounding applications (TLS, DNS, firewalls, HTTP, , …);
- Experience of monitoring tools and/or transaction monitoring;
- You show interest to use the following techniques:
- GitLab; Nexus; Jenkins; ServiceNow;
- Docker; Docker Swarm; K8; OpenShift;
- Cloud computing: IaaS, AWS; Azure.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Service- and result oriented
- Great teammate
- Ability to work autonomously
- Accurate; assertive, pro-active and persistent
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines and dynamically changing priorities
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams at an international scale (France; Germany; Sweden; India)
- Fluent in English, fluency in French is a huge plus