Legal Counsel - Belgian lawApply Now
As the Legal Counsel France and Belgium, you interact with your internal clients (sales teams, procurement teams, operations, finance), customers and suppliers, and outside counsels.
The legal department is under construction and should be organized by regions (EMEA, NAR, LAR, APAC), each having a regional General Counsel reporting to the Group General Counsel.
You will report to the EMEA GC like the other lawyers of the EMEA legal team.
Within the Legal Department, you strengthen the legal team providing legal support to France and Belgium. Your main missions will be as follows:
- Drafting and negotiation of contracts for the provision of proximity payment products and services: contracts for sale of products, SaaS services, software licenses, maintenance, outsourcing, reseller and distribution agreements, and related NDAs, MOU
- Response to calls for tenders
- Legal support to the procurement department: procurement contracts for software, consulting services
- Legal support to operations: field services, logistics, subcontracting
- Litigations: liaising with outside counsels, drafting settlement agreements,
- One-off support to compliance teams (e.g.: GDPR]
- Legal watch, studies
Experience / Skills
Graduated with a Master’s degree in law and/or LLM, you have an extensive professional experience (at least 8 years) as a lawyer with solid knowledge in IT contract law, and ideally in the world of payment acceptance. You acquired this experience in an international environment within an industrial/tech company
Qualification in French and Belgian business law required (IT contract law, competition law).
Other meaningful skills:
- Strong interpersonal skills and diplomacy
- Business orientation,
- Commitment, autonomy and rigor
- Strong team spirit, supportive of others’ contributions - Good ability to work as a team with operational staff and with other members of the legal department, mainly in France and in Europe
- Strong adaptability and flexibility
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English (the drafting and negotiation of contracts is carried out primarily in the English language).
REASONS TO JOIN US !
You will work for a company that does everything possible to help you develop your potential and grow professionally (through personal development programs and training).