Lead Business AnalystApply Now
The role is within the virtual team of business/solutions architects, which needs to expand its ability to respond to an increasing workload of bid responses and new software implementations, primarily for Network Rail.
The specific requirement for this role comes from the emerging UK Rail systems strategy owned jointly by Network Rail and Train Operators, that requires development and design of systems to support the UK rail operations. The role is highly varied on a day to day basis and there encompasses a wide range of technologies.
It is expected that the successful candidate would initially be involved in solution development with design input but progress towards solution architect as a primary role with occasional design and development.
Your day-to-day responsibilities include:
- You perform as-is systems design and development of middleware and web application with a bias towards messaging.
- You assist with to-be architecture development, working with business analysts and supporting them in the collection and analysis or requirements.
- You assist with solution design for bids, proposals, investments and contracts.
- You develop migration strategies, analysis and recommendations.
- You act as Design Authority during the detailed design, build and test stages of projects, providing the overall leadership to ensure that system designs meet the customer requirements and technical strategy.
Signs of success
- You ensure that non-functional requirements and characteristics are effectively documented and followed in solution design, including security, capacity planning, hosting technologies, performance, and supportability (e.g. service monitoring, auto-ticketing).
- You work with the Enterprise and Technical architect communities to engage additional SME skills where required, e.g. technology strategies, expert review.
- You work independently, as part of a team, and can lead a team.
- You own your own learning and drive the organisation to help ensure your skills are current in the context of your day job.
Skills we can’t do without:
- You have experience in development with relevant technologies / technology stacks: e.g.IBM (IIB, ACE /Websphere/MQ) and Java.
- You have experience in integration protocols and standards (such as xml, JSON REST, etc).
- You have a background in one or more of Application development, business or systems analysis, solutions, systems or technical architecture.
- You have experience of solution development in medium-large size systems, and in a complex systems landscape.
- You possess leadership skills within the development and management of solutions from a technical perspective in multi-tier, scalable, corporate environments.
- You possess strong interpersonal skills.
- You have an ability to produce succinct documentation.
Skills we’d like:
- You possess experience of working with GB rail industry customers, business processes and systems
- You have knowledge of ISEB/TOGAF/BCS or equivalent qualifications in solutions/technical architecture or analysis.
- You have experience in agile methods and techniques.
- You have experience in a variety of development and testing tools.
- You have experience in producing and reviewing estimates.
In addition to joining a global leader in digital transformation, you can also expect an excellent range of benefits. Standard benefits provided for an individual include: Private medical insurance; life assurance; occupational health; business travel insurance and personal accident insurance; Company Pension and paid annual leave of 25 days with the option to buy up to 10 additional daysWhat’s more, we really value Innovation, Cooperation, Excellence and Empowerment. These values are reflected on our daily work. This is the core of our organization. At Worldline our top priority is to engage, encourage and develop you to help you improve your potential. In fact, we have comprehensive training and development programs in place demonstrating our dedication to developing your career.
Our success comes from strong skills, new insights, diverse points of view and the energy of all women and men from Worldline. Not only do they represent the Heart and Face of our company, they are also key players in our success. We make leading our talents a major asset in the success of our business.
Worldline is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.