Legal Counsel TurkiyeApply Now
Worldline is the European leader in digital payments and number four worldwide, powered by over 20,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Every day, our technology provides the trusted infrastructure for millions of people and businesses around the world - and we´re just getting started. We are on an exciting journey to own the way toward the next frontier of payments. Our ambitions are extraordinarily high, and we need the best people in the world to bring them to life – people like you. So if you are a highly skilled Legal Counsel looking to make a real impact on the world, join our journey!
The Opportunity :
In this role, you will provide guidance, advice, and oversight for legal compliance as well as business decisions and contract negotiations.
We have many hardworking and dedicated peers that would love for you to work with them. We are committed to continuous improvement. We are always looking for new and innovative ways to improve quality, reduce costs, build excellent solutions, and grow customer happiness. We would like to welcome an organized, innovative, and process-driven colleague to our team.
About the team:
You will be part of a talented team composed of 100+ lawyers worldwide and 15+ lawyers in the region. Reporting to the Head of Legal for South Europe & MEA you will be in charge of legal matter that arises in Turkiye for Worldline.
Your day-to-day responsibilities include:
- You give accurate and timely counsel to executives on a variety of legal topics (commercial contracts, partnerships, procurement contracts, etc.).
- You will follow up and contribute to the corporate secretary of Worldline in Turkiye
- You implement and supervise internal governance policies and ensure compliance with laws and guidelines related to business activities.
- Your research and evaluate different risk factors in your contract, especially regarding business decisions and operations.
- You apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on possible legal issues.
- You communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority, etc.), creating relations of trust.
- You draft and solidify agreements, contracts, and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights.
Signs of success
- You demonstrate a high degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- You have a validated understanding of the influences of the external environment of a corporation.
- You keep up with current changes in all relevant areas of law and chipping in to the enhancement of the knowledge base of the company's legal function.
Skills we can’t do without:
- You have a degree in law or business law.
- You have profound experience as a Legal Counsel in a business environment and the ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies.
- You possess sophisticated knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures.
- You have sound judgment and the ability to analyze situations and information.
- You demonstrate strong research skills when preparing for a case or providing advice.
- You are able to work under time constraints and pressure.
- You show proficiency with Microsoft Office products and Legal suite tools.
- You have outstanding communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills.
- You are proficient in English.
Skills we’d like:
- You additionally acquired a degree in Business Administration or a similar field.
- You prove solid knowledge of data protection law and corporate law.
Grow with us, build tomorrow
At Worldline, we are dedicated to helping our people unlock their full potential - both authoritatively and personally. With comprehensive training and development programs, guide communities, and global mobility programs, you will always be able to develop and grow at Worldline - wherever you want to go and whatever you want to do. We also offer flexible hours and remote working, to empower you to be your best self at work and at home. 8 in 10 Worldliners consider Worldline a friendly place to work, and 9 in 10 are satisfied with the training & development they receive.
Worldline is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.