Senior Bid ManagerApply Now
At ANZ Worldline Payment Solutions, we are creating a high-performance bid management team within the Sales Support structure, to focus on strategic customer opportunities across new business, growth and retention.
The primary focus of the bid management team is to support Sales (Business Development, Sales and Account Managers) achieve their portfolio growth aspirations. This is achieved by preparing and responding to Bid Proposal opportunities (EOIs/RFIs/RFPs) sector events and other proactive pitch pursuit related activities across the current and targeted Australian portfolio. The bid management team will ensure pursuit excellence is achieved across the full sales cycle and all bid opportunities of varying complexity within the Corporate and Institutional customer segments.
Reporting to the Head of Sales Support, you will be responsible for managing and mentoring a focused team of Bid Managers who collectively, ensure timely delivery of compliant and commercially sound bids through to submission.
As the Senior Bid Manager, you will bring expertise in navigating deals through the sales process, instil a culture of success, and drive key elements required for successful deal outcomes, including:
- Working with the Head of Sales Support to implement a pursuit framework and Sales bid validation process
- You will ensure efficient and effective allocation of bid team resources, prioritise pursuits and support bid team members to manage multiple and conflicting bid timelines during peak periods
- Action bid management activities for complex deals, while ensuring consistency and quality is not compromised
- Supporting Sales with the objective to maximise the win rate
- Manage the proposal review process prior to submission as well as identifying and implementing process improvements to the bid function
- Ensure company and group bid management processes are always applied and compliant (risk tracking and mitigation)
- Proactively work with key stakeholders, Sales and Product teams, ensuring enhancements and changes are applied to the bid database and toolkit
- Provide bid budget and overall performance track reporting to the Head of Sales Support
- Implement targeted training programs to enhance overall sales and win rate capability
- From a project management perspective, you will be required to set the standard with the overall management of the bid schedule (end to end) to ensure that tasks are delivered on time (at times this includes meeting challenging timelines)
- You will be a critical thinker, who is agile and has strong communications skills.
Bid management team responsibilities include:
- Obtain the bid qualification (go/no go) for new business opportunities
- Prepare and review commercial aspects of the intended bid submission, ensuring all solutions and pricing are included and accurate
- Contribution to the written proposal - both in terms of content and presentation (such as preparation of executive summary or solution overview)
- Coordinate the bid budget and track overall performance against sales objectives
- Understand and resolve complex technical, strategic and business issues
- Lead and coordinate all post bid reviews with customers, for both successful bid contract award and unsuccessful bid outcomes.
Skills to have:
- Proven capability to effectively deliver complex proposal submissions (bid or tender writing experience)
- Advanced level proficiency in Microsoft office or 365 app suite
- Bachelor of Communications, business administration, Commerce (or other is desirable)
- Experience in handling the full end-to-end process of bid opportunities (Sales, Business Development or Content/Copywriting)
- Deep knowledge and ambitious approach to the market
- Excellent organisation and interpersonal skills
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability within the workplace (working within deal timeline constraints)
- Experienced Team leader who thrives on working as one and achieving outstanding results
- Exceptional English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in design, Human Centred Design, customer experience (CX) or customer journey mapping or equivalent (desirable)