SW Terminal DeveloperApply Now
Your day-to-day responsibilities include:
- You implement User Stories by writing high quality C/C++ software
- You review and help improve code submitted as Merge Requests
- You contribute to the architecture and technical design of our solutions
- You participate in the deployment of the software, all the way to production
- You ensure the software quality goes up, based on transparent metrics
- You are an active member of a SCRUM team, taking part in its rituals
Signs of success:
- You deliver reliable software, matching business and technical requirements
- You deliver automated unit tests with your software
- You are empowered to improve the frameworks, and ensure their stability
- You bring new ideas on how to improve the software, tools or processes currently in use
- You learn quickly & often, and share knowledge willingly
- You tackle issues that arise in any environment, be it sandbox or production
- You set up and maintain a practical development environment
- You contribute to successful delivery of projects and enhancements
- You support the continuous improvement process and propose your own measures
- You actively support and participate in the implementation of Agile, DevOps and Continuous Integration/Deployment processes
Skills we do need:
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or information technology or equivalent expertise
- 5+ years of experience on software development with C/C++
- 3+ Expertise on development for embedded systems with strong use of peripherals and network configurations
- Experience in Payment Terminals or POS systems or equivalent
- Ability to use Linux-like OS efficiently (shell, networking, package managers)
- Experience in Git/Gitlab and Subversion tools usage
- Experience in Agile (Scrum, Kanban), DevOps and Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
- Good working level in English and Spanish (both oral and written). French will be a plus
Skills we’d like:
- Experience in Android terminals and Kotlin programming language
- Experience in other programming languages (Java, Python, PHP)
- Knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL, OracleDB)
- Hands-on experience with Docker
- Knowledge of configuration management tools (Puppet and/or Ansible)
- Experience in Server-Side development (Stateless, HA, RESTful APIs)
- Strong organization and interpersonal skills
- Ability to pass on knowledge
- Significant experience in problem solving and decision-making techniques
- Flexibility and adaptability within the workplace
- Drive to continue to grow professional capabilities with ongoing training and educational opportunities
- Autonomy, independence, and readiness to take decisions
- Customer-Centric mindset
- Appetite for excellence
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team spirit, enthusiasm, resourcefulness, eagerness to learn and evolve in an international and challenging environment
Perks & Benefits:
At Worldline you’ll get the chance to be at the heart of the global payments technology industry and shape how the world pays and gets paid. On top of that, you will also:
- Be part of a company guided by a strong purpose to do good and recognized as top 1% of the most sustainable companies in all sectors worldwide.
- Work with inspiring colleagues and be empowered to learn, grow and accelerate your career.
- Enjoy remote work: between 50 and 100%.
- Enjoy flexible working hours: we do not work on Friday afternoons! Intensive work day from June 16th to August 31st .
- Enjoy wide range of training through our eLearning platforms (Linkedin Learning, Percipio, Speex, Cross Knowledge).
- Specific training, both technical and managerial (Dockers, Management 3.0, Scrum, Jetpack Compose, Design thinking, ...).
- Join the Worldline Global Expert Community: we organize events where experts share their technological achievements.
Shape the evolution:
We are on an exciting journey towards the next frontiers of payments technology, and we look for big thinkers, people with passion, can-do attitude and a hunger to learn and grow. Here you’ll work with ambitious colleagues from around the world, take on unique challenges as a team, and make a real impact on the society. With an empowering culture, strong technology and extensive training opportunities, we help you accelerate your career - wherever you decide to go. Join our global team of 18,000 innovators and shape a tomorrow that is yours to own.
Learn more about life at Worldline at careers.worldline.com