Database Engineer (MySQL/PostgreSQL) Sr. (On-premise/Cloud) (DBA)Apply Now
Database Engineer (MySQL/PostgreSQL) Sr. (On-premise/Cloud) (DBA)
What will be your job ?
▪ Provide technical expertise, project and 24x7 production support for the MySQL databases
▪ Drive architecture design on customer projects and act as a trusted advisor on MySQL database for delivering highly performing, secured and resilient database systems
▪ Deploy, upgrade, maintain and optimize MySQL database and enterprise management software
▪ Implement MySQL high-availability (HA) and disaster-recovery (DRP) architectures using system clustering and data replication technologies
▪ Implement MySQL backup and recovery strategies and operating procedures
▪ Support MySQL database operations and migrations in hybrid on-premise, private cloud and public cloud operational model (IaaS – PaaS – SaaS)
▪ Facilitate and actively participate in all phases of the project life cycle: requirements gathering and analysis, solution design and development, testing and implementation, post-production support and platform evolution
▪ Support customers in benchmarking to identify bottlenecks, provide guidance on performance tuning and optimization of MySQL database, robustness and business continuity testing
▪ Provision MySQL instances within application release delivery support incl. SQL optimization
▪ Write accurate and concise technical documentation, participate in regulatory compliancy audits
▪ Deliver management and automation tools used transversally within the company
▪ Deliver internal trainings on MySQL database and accompanying technologies
▪ Align processes and reinforce collaboration between international database teams
What do you have to offer ?
▪ Minimum 3 years of working experience with MySQL database in production environments
▪ Ability to work and communicate in an international multi-cultural environment
▪ High degree of initiative, accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail
▪ Professional approach when dealing with internal and external customers
▪ Structured and concise written and verbal communication skills
▪ Maintaining a positive attitude under sometimes challenging circumstances
▪ Flexibility to adapt to change within a complex global organization
▪ Ability to sometimes work outside office hours (incl. weekends) for planned interventions and participate in 24x7 on-call DBA rotating team role
▪ High aptitude for learning and high degree of self-motivation
▪ Acquiring new competencies and accepting new technical and organizational challenges
▪ Problem solving and analytical capabilities
▪ Strong interest in supporting complex, business critical, highly available and secured database systems which are subjected to internal and external compliancy audits
▪ Very good knowledge of MySQL database (5.6/5.7/8.x) coupled with production support experience in a multi-service, cross-regional distributed environment, high availability and data replication, performance troubleshooting, security
▪ MySQL database incident troubleshooting and performance tuning skills including system, storage and network configuration, as well as tracing facilities
▪ Good practical knowledge of SQL programming language including performance tuning
▪ Basic knowledge of logical and physical relational data modelling (OLTP/DWH)
▪ Working knowledge of MySQL data replication methods (binary log, global transaction identifier GTID, etc.)
▪ Working knowledge of Linux (RHEL) operating system in a multi-domain environment including clustering products (Pacemaker, Red Hat Cluster Suite)
▪ Working knowledge of task automation (shell scripting)
▪ Knowledge of MySQL monitoring and administration tools (MySQL Enterprise Monitor, Oracle Enterprise Manager for MySQL, ZabbiX, Grafana)
▪ Completed higher-education in information technology, engineering, or related field
▪ Knowledge of migrating, operating and optimizing performance and cost of MySQL database workloads in public cloud environments (Amazon Web Services AWS, Google Cloud Platform GCP, Microsoft Azure Cloud) in IaaS-PaaS-SaaS operating models
▪ Knowledge of data storage technologies, performance optimization, high-availability and data backup architectures
▪ Knowledge of hardware and system configuration, security, performance optimization, high availability and disaster-recovery architectures
▪ Knowledge of networking technologies and their functional administration
▪ Knowledge of MySQL database enterprise tooling (backup, auditing, encryption)
▪ Knowledge of Enterprise User Security (EUS) and Oracle Unified Directory (OUD, OID) LDAP solutions for authentication and authorization
▪ Knowledge of DevOps tooling for automation, orchestration, provisioning, configuration (Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, Python, GitLab)
▪ Knowledge of virtualization/containerization technologies (VMware, OpenShift)
▪ Knowledge of documentation management tools (Confluence, SharePoint)
▪ Knowledge of IT Service Management frameworks (ITIL) in areas of change, incident, problem and configuration management.
▪ Knowledge of regulatory compliancy frameworks (PCI-DSS, ISO, ISAE 3402)
▪ Knowledge of project management frameworks (e.g. PRINCE2)
▪ Knowledge of other open-source database technologies (MariaDB, PostgreSQL, NoSQL)
▪ Ability to sometimes travel to other company branch offices located in Europe
▪ Business fluency in English and French language (oral and written)
▪ Knowledge of other languages (Dutch/German/Italian) can be useful
What do we offer in return ?
▪ Depending on education, skills and working experience, your gross annual salary will be between EUR
▪ Secondary benefits such as annual performance allowance and nearly a premium-free pension.
▪ Interesting and challenging international working environment with enough space for professional and personal development and a good work-life balance.
▪ Being part of a dynamic international DBA team of professionals consisting of multiple nationalities and cultures.
▪ Opportunity to work and develop skills on other database technologies (relational and non-relational) such as PostgreSQL, MariaDB, Oracle, SQL Server, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.
▪ Professional training and certification in private and public cloud technologies with focus on DBaaS (Amazon Web Services AWS, Google Cloud Platform GCP, Microsoft Azure Cloud)
▪ Working hours are determined after consultation with the line manager.
▪ Sometimes planned system interventions are executed outside normal office hours (also weekends) depending on the customer service-level agreement.
▪ Participation in the weekly-rotating 24x7 on-call DBA service is mandatory (executed by a team consisting of minimum 4 DBAs, includes extra financial compensation). ▪ You will be based in
▪ Occasional travelling to other company branch offices (Brussels, Frankfurt, Luxembourg, Milano, Riga, Utrecht, Warsaw, Wroclaw) is sometimes required.
Further information and application
For further information about this position, please contact: Vedran Maler, Department Manager Database Operations (email@example.com, phone: +49 151 17130641).