Front-end DeveloperApply Now
This is Worldline
We are the innovators at the heart of the payments technology industry, shaping how the world pays and gets paid. The solutions our people build today power the growth of millions of businesses tomorrow. From your local coffee shop to unicorns and international banks. From San Francisco to Auckland. We are in every corner of the world, in every part of commerce. And just as we help our customers accelerate their business, we are committed to helping our people accelerate their careers. Together, we shape the evolution.
Reporting to the Rail Operations Technical Delivery Lead you will be responsible for designing and developing our next generation of cloud-hosted web applications.
As an experienced front-end developer, you will primarily be focused on designing and building web applications, while also supporting the UX/UI design process.
Situated in our Darlington and Beeston (Notts) offices, the Rail Operations team is made up of around 80 hardworking and enthusiastic people who share a passion for delivering real value to, and driving change in, the UK rail industry. We are the UK’s largest and most established rail operations provider with over 350 contracts and 86 customers including the UK Government, Network Rail, as well as Train and Freight Operation Companies. Our products already underpin the rail network’s vital infrastructure, but along with this pedigree we also have a compelling and exciting vision for the future. From embracing concepts such as GPS tracking, data analytics and cloud hosting, through to cutting edge technology like Digital Twins, machine learning and AI decision support, we are powering into the future with innovation built on the strong foundations and experience of an industry leader. Worldline’s Integrale suite of software is widely recognized as the leader in stock and crew management, train planning and disruption mitigation You will be working to enhance this through the development of the next generation of employee rostering functionality to be added to this portfolio. You will help to design and build this product as part of a globally distributed team.
- You will run technical design of front-end applications for web and mobile platforms
- You will code and develop applications in line with industry best practice and local standards
- You will break down designs into work packages for the wider development team
- You will provide technical guidance and support to other developers
- You will review work completed by the development team
Who Are We Looking For
We look for big thinkers. People who can drive positive change, step up and show what’s next – people with passion, can-do attitude and a hunger to learn and grow. In practice this means:
- You will bring a passion for software product design
- You will tackle technical challenges head-on and relish getting your hands on code
- You are able to work independently and take ownership for your tasks
- With your team, you continually look for improvements to how we work and support each other to achieve these.
Perks & Benefits
At Worldline you’ll get the chance to be at the heart of the global payments technology industry and shape how the world pays and gets paid. On top of that, you will also:
- Be part of a company guided by a strong purpose to do good and recognized as top 1% of the most sustainable companies in all sectors worldwide.
- Work with inspiring colleagues and be empowered to learn, grow and accelerate your career
- Have 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Have employee private medical cover, access to a virtual GP service
- Access to discounts and cash backs on shopping *
- Purchase a range of flexible benefits through salary sacrifice
- Have an Income protection @ 67% of base salary for 5 years, subject to Ts & Cs
- Have a Life assurance – 1 x salary if not in a pension scheme, 4 x salary if joins the pension scheme
- Have Pension – the company will match contributions up to 10%
Shape the evolution
We are on an exciting journey towards the next frontiers of payments technology, and we look for big thinkers, people with passion, can-do attitude and a hunger to learn and grow. Here you’ll work with ambitious colleagues from around the world, take on unique challenges as a team, and make a real impact on the society. With an empowering culture, strong technology and extensive training opportunities, we help you accelerate your career - wherever you decide to go. Join our global team of 18,000 innovators and shape a tomorrow that is yours to own.
Learn more about life at Worldline at careers.worldline.com