Senior LawyerApply Now
UK home based
This is Worldline
We are the innovators at the heart of the payments technology industry, shaping how the world pays and gets paid. The solutions our people build today power the growth of millions of businesses tomorrow. From your local coffee shop to unicorns and international banks. From San Francisco to Auckland. We are in every corner of the world, in every part of commerce. And just as we help our customers accelerate their business, we are committed to helping our people accelerate their careers. Together, we shape the evolution.
You will be joining a small and growing new team within Worldline UK – this offers an exciting opportunity to step up and get involved in helping to shape the legal function
This is a home-based role – the existing UK based lawyers are home based or spread across the country so you will have the opportunity to work from home – wherever you may be based in the UK!
Day to day life will see you working closely with the business drafting and negotiating IT agreements. You will be involved in negotiating contracts across a wide range of industries including within the rail industry where Worldline provides ticketing systems and critical back-office systems as well as operating its own ticketing web site for the public, Red Spotted Hanky.
Worldline is an innovative company and many of its solutions are new to market – giving you the opportunity to use your skills to create contractual structures that address these new solutions and the commercial arrangements underpinning them.
There are also opportunities to be involved in all the other legal issues that face a large company – our team supports all areas of the business, including compliance, data protection, marketing and procurement.
- You will be devising and drafting new customer and supplier contracts for new and existing solutions, and negotiating and closing these deals
- You will be working with contract and commercial managers to manage variations
- You will be advising on legal issues arising from new solutions and how best to structure these offerings
- You will be responsible for advising the business on legal risks and will be participating in and presenting at legal reviews and internal sign off processes with senior management
- You will be advising on commercial disputes and will get involved in their management and settlement
Who Are We Looking For
We look for big thinkers. People who can drive positive change, step up and show what’s next – people with passion, can-do attitude and a hunger to learn and grow. In practice this means:
- Deep experience of IT contracts gained in house or in private practice
- Excellent technical legal drafting skills
- Excellent communication skills
Perks & Benefits
At Worldline you’ll get the chance to be at the heart of the global payments technology industry and shape how the world pays and gets paid. On top of that, you will also:
- Be part of a company guided by a strong purpose to do good and recognized as top 1% of the most sustainable companies in all sectors worldwide.
- Work with inspiring colleagues and be empowered to learn, grow and accelerate your career
- Have 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Have employee private medical cover, access to a virtual GP service
- Access to discounts and cash backs on shopping *
- Purchase a range of flexible benefits through salary sacrifice
- Have an Income protection @ 67% of base salary for 5 years, subject to Ts & Cs
- Have a Life assurance – 1 x salary if not in a pension scheme, 4 x salary if joins the pension scheme
- Have Pension – the company will match contributions up to 10%
Shape the evolution
We are on an exciting journey towards the next frontiers of payments technology, and we look for big thinkers, people with passion, can-do attitude and a hunger to learn and grow. Here you’ll work with ambitious colleagues from around the world, take on unique challenges as a team, and make a real impact on the society. With an empowering culture, strong technology and extensive training opportunities, we help you accelerate your career - wherever you decide to go. Join our global team of 18,000 innovators and shape a tomorrow that is yours to own.
Learn more about life at Worldline at careers.worldline.com