Software Developer / Technical LeadApply Now
This is Worldline
We are the innovators at the heart of the payments technology industry, shaping how the world pays and gets paid. The solutions our people build today power the growth of millions of businesses tomorrow. From your local coffee shop to unicorns and international banks. From San Francisco to Auckland. We are in every corner of the world, in every part of commerce. And just as we help our customers accelerate their business, we are committed to helping our people accelerate their careers. Together, we shape the evolution
You will be responsible for designing, developing and testing of Customer Information System software including front-end, backend database and cloud-hosted applications. The opportunity also includes assisting with diagnosis and rectification of faults.
Situated in our Beeston office, the CIS Team is made up of around 15 hardworking and enthusiastic people who share a passion for delivering real value to, and driving change in, the UK rail industry. We are the UK’s largest and most established provider of Customer Information Control systems that drive the CIS displays and automated Public address announcements at around 2,000 UK railway stations. Worldline provide these systems to Train Operating Companies and Network Rail.
- Developing, coding and testing in line with industry best practice and local standards
- Breaking down designs into work packages for the wider development team
- Providing expert technical guidance and support to other developers
- Reviewing work completed by the development team
- Coaching and mentoring the development team in how they work and the skills they use
Who Are We Looking For
We look for big thinkers. People who can drive positive change, step up and show what’s next – people with passion, can-do attitude and a hunger to learn and grow. In practice this means:
You strive to design the best possible solutions to provide intuitive, easy to use applications for our customers. You focus on the end user experience to develop first-class products that deliver maximum value to our customers, enabling them to convert this into the best possible service to their customers.
- You bring a passion for software product design.
- You tackle technical challenges head-on and relish getting your hands on code.
- You are able to work independently and take ownership for your tasks.
- With your team, you continually look for improvements to how we work and support each other to achieve these.
You will work closely with the Product Owner, Technical Architect and Support team to deliver software development projects to customers and assist in diagnosing/fixing faults.
- You are an expert in modern Web Development Frameworks (e.g. Laravel, or equivalent), relevant design principles and best practices (including unit testing).
- You've got substantial knowledge in UI development (HTML, CSS, etc.).
- Ability to make pragmatic technical decisions balancing innovation with practicality and maintainability.
- Motivation and passion for building user-centric applications that support customers in achieving their business goals.
- Strong focus on delivering quality code supported by robust testing practices.
- You master new skills and technologies quickly.
- Willingness to visit customers’ premises for face to face meetings/workshops and occasional visits to UK railway stations to assist the installation company or maintainer
Perks & Benefits
At Worldline you’ll get the chance to be at the heart of the global payments technology industry and shape how the world pays and gets paid. On top of that, you will also:
- Be part of a company guided by a strong purpose to do good and recognized as top 1% of the most sustainable companies in all sectors worldwide.
- Work with inspiring colleagues and be empowered to learn, grow and accelerate your career
- Have 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Have employee private medical cover, access to a virtual GP service
- Access to discounts and cash backs on shopping *
- Purchase a range of flexible benefits through salary sacrifice
- Have Income protection @ 67% of base salary for 5 years, subject to Ts & Cs
- Have a Life assurance – 1 x salary if not in a pension scheme, 4 x salary if joins the pension scheme
- Have Pension – the company will match contributions up to 10%