VB Senior Application Support Analyst/DeveloperApply Now
VB Senior Application Support Analyst/Developer
This is Worldline
We are the innovators at the heart of the payments technology industry, shaping how the world pays and gets paid. The solutions our people build today power the growth of millions of businesses tomorrow. From your local coffee shop to unicorns and international banks. From San Francisco to Auckland. We are in every corner of the world, in every part of commerce. And just as we help our customers accelerate their business, we are committed to helping our people accelerate their careers. Together, we shape the evolution.
At Worldline, our technology addresses persistent challenges of the payment world. We design and operate leading digital payment and transactional solutions that enable sustainable economic growth and reinforce trust and security in our societies. If you are a highly-skilled Application Support Analyst/Developer with strong Visual Basic 6 and Visual Basic.NET skills, then get ready to join our company.
We have many hardworking and dedicated peers that would love for you to work with them. We are committed to continuous improvement. We are always looking for new and innovative ways to improve quality, reduce costs, build excellent solutions, and grow customer happiness. We would like to welcome an organized, innovative and process driven colleague to our team.
- You ensure...that Incidents, Problems and Changes are updated and closed in a timely and efficient manner within the Atos/Worldline helpdesk systems (ServiceNOW)
- You review ... customer enhancement requests and work with them to design solutions which deliver to their needs within the technology constraints of the applications.
- You review… Microsoft roadmaps to ensure that technology refresh or end of life risks for applications are identified early so that they can be managed
- You build... Strong relationships with support teams in the customer organisations in the UK rail industry through effective communication, avoiding jargon and maintaining a professional tone even when under pressure
- You develop... Solutions to bugs, new enhancements and conduct technology refreshes as required.
- You run … using your technical expertise and strong documentation skills to produce impact assessments and estimates for new project work (e.g. extensions to existing services, technology refreshes or new services to replace existing legacy applications)
- You lead … By supervising or mentoring junior staff as directed by the Team Leader
Who Are We Looking For
We look for big thinkers. People who can drive positive change, step up and show what’s next – people with passion, can-do attitude and a hunger to learn and grow. In practice this means:
- You have profound (> 5 years) experience in an Level 3 Application Support Analyst role and are recognized as a Subject Matter Expert in Visual Basic 6 and Visual Basic .NET.
- You have profound experience in writing efficient SQL and some experience with T-SQL and/or PL/SQL would be useful.
- You have Analytical ability in being able to resolve incidents and clearly document both the root cause and the steps taken to ameliorate the cause.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering to tight deadlines under pressure without supervision. Particularly in a 24x7x365 support environment.
- You are able to create accurate and complete functional and technical specifications from problem records and discussions with customers.
- You have experience with other programming languages such as C++, C# and/or Java and have a willingness to learn new technical skills in support of our customers evolving needs
Perks & Benefits
At Worldline you’ll get the chance to be at the heart of the global payments technology industry and shape how the world pays and gets paid. On top of that, you will also:
- Be part of a company guided by a strong purpose to do good and recognized as top 1% of the most sustainable companies in all sectors worldwide.
- Work with inspiring colleagues and be empowered to learn, grow and accelerate your career
- Have 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Have employee private medical cover, access to a virtual GP service
- Access to discounts and cash backs on shopping *
- Purchase a range of flexible benefits through salary sacrifice
- Have Income protection @ 67% of base salary for 5 years, subject to Ts & Cs
- Have a Life assurance – 1 x salary if not in a pension scheme, 4 x salary if joins the pension scheme
- Have Pension – the company will match contributions up to 10%
Shape the evolution
We are on an exciting journey towards the next frontiers of payments technology, and we look for big thinkers, people with passion, can-do attitude and a hunger to learn and grow. Here you’ll work with ambitious colleagues from around the world, take on unique challenges as a team, and make a real impact on the society. With an empowering culture, strong technology and extensive training opportunities, we help you accelerate your career - wherever you decide to go. Join our global team of 18,000 innovators and shape a tomorrow that is yours to own.
Learn more about life at Worldline at careers.worldline.com
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or any applicable legally protected characteristics.