Release Train EngineerApply Now
This is Worldline
We are the innovators at the heart of the payments technology industry, shaping how the world pays and gets paid. The solutions our people build today power the growth of millions of businesses tomorrow. From your local coffee shop to unicorns and international banks. From San Francisco to Auckland. We are in every corner of the world, in every part of commerce. And just as we help our customers accelerate their business, we are committed to helping our people accelerate their careers. Together, we shape the evolution.
The Release Train Engineer is crucial for delivery value. You will be responsible for building a performing train, for coordinating the Agile release train ceremonies and for making sure the work is delivered timely and at the right quality.
Some challenges to overcome and chip in are linked to delivery, a faster time to market and making a step towards a mature DevOps organization.
You will be part of the Acquiring NL department, contributing to the Limosa platform. An ambitious platform which enables payments processing and actively scaling up towards an international environment.
The release train consists of 10 Scrum Teams working in a scaled Agile environment. Together with a group of Scrum Masters you will guide and build the release train and organization to the next steps in our Agile journey.
You will do this by mentoring the teams to optimize the development processes and by coaching and guiding the Scrum Masters. You like to work closely with multiple partners such as Product Owners, Area Leads, Project Managers and of course the Scrum Masters and the teams they facilitate.
We are looking for a change agent on ART level, always inspecting and adapting the current setup to optimize it to the organizational needs, encouraging economic and lean thinking throughout the whole train. Establishing a clear cadence to facilitate the vital ART events and ceremonies is also a responsibility in order to build a successful working environment. You will actively participate and guide the Agile Community of Practice.
You will help to educate the leaders on team level, ensuring that the agreed Agile processes are being followed. In addition, you will establish and grow an environment for impactful team dynamics, continuous flow, and relentless improvement.
As a Release Train Engineer you are responsible that the Agile Release train runs in the most optimal way for fast and high quality value delivery. You strive for greatness and bring out the best in your people and teams while having a strong focus on continuous improvement within your Agile Release Train.
Who Are We Looking For
We look for big thinkers. People who can drive positive change, step up and show what’s next – people with passion, can-do attitude and a hunger to learn and grow. In practice this means:
- You have a Bachelor and/or a Master degree;
- 5+ years of experience in leading Information Technology projects, including in delivering large scale IT solutions leveraging Agile or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), preferably as release train engineer;
- Shown experience working in an international setting with distributed application development teams;
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills;
- Relentless improvement attitude.
- Creating transparency and alignment on ART status by setting up, coordinating, and facilitating ART ceremonies;
- Provides feedback, incorporates best practices to challenge the teams, department and organization to move on to the next level of maturity
- Manage and optimize the flow of value through the Agile Release Train (ART);
- Coach stakeholders, teams, Scrum Masters in Agile/SAFe practices and mindsets;
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
Perks & Benefits
At Worldline, you'll get the chance to be at the heart of the global payments technology industry and craft how the world pays and gets paid. On top of that, you will also:
- Be part of an international company guided by a strong purpose to do good and recognized as top 1% of the most sustainable companies in all sectors worldwide.
- Work with inspiring colleagues and be empowered to learn, grow and accelerate your career.
- excellent benefits like holiday allowance, 13th month, Pension scheme, flexible hours, laptop, opportunity to work from home etc.
- Employee Share Program. We win together as a team, and our long-term incentive plans are designed to give every Worldline a financial stake in the business they are helping to grow.
We are on an exciting journey towards the next frontiers of payments technology, and we look for big thinkers, people with passion, can-do attitude and a hunger to learn and grow. Here you’ll work with ambitious colleagues from around the world, take on unique challenges as a team, and make a real impact on the society. With an empowering culture, strong technology and extensive training opportunities, we help you accelerate your career - wherever you decide to go. Join our global team of 18,000 innovators and shape a tomorrow that is yours to own.
Learn more about life at Worldline at careers.worldline.com
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or any applicable legally protected characteristics.