Senior Database AdministratorApply Now
Senior Database Administrator
Location: Victoria, BC. Canada (hybrid)
Total Earnings Pay Range: $124,000 - $140,000
Global Grade: 12
This is Worldline
We are the innovators at the heart of the payments technology industry, shaping how the world pays and gets paid. The solutions our people build today power the growth of millions of businesses tomorrow. From your local coffee shop to unicorn companies and international banks. From San Francisco to Auckland. We are in every corner of the world, in every part of commerce. And just as we help our customers accelerate their business, we are committed to helping our people accelerate their careers. Together, we shape the evolution of payments.
Worldline is hiring a senior database administrator to join our North America IT operations team. As a Worldline DBA, you will be a critical member of the team managing our production and non-production databases. You will build, configure, and optimize SQL Server database engines in a variety of environments, partner with our engineering teams on software enhancements and functionality, and work with our operations teams to maintain the high uptime and performance our customers expect.
As a senior member of the DBA team, you’ll be a critical part of building and running our platform. Our customers expect exceptional performance and uptime from our platform, and the database is the core of our software. You’ll work with your peers to solve problems, improve performance, add features, and propose enhancements that make our systems better.
- Operate and maintain SQL Server databases in production and nonproduction environments
- Provide expert-level support and troubleshooting to resolve performance issues and fix problems
- Design, build, and maintain reports and scripts to meet the needs of our customers and colleagues
- Participate in the engineering/design process to enhance functionality and deliver new features
- Partner with our security and risk management teams to ensure the highest level of platform security
- Participate in an on-call rotation for major incidents and issues. Occasional off-hours work is required.
Who you are
We look for big thinkers. People who can drive positive change, step up and show what’s next – people with passion, can-do attitude and a hunger to learn and grow. In practice this means:
- You have senior-level expert-level experience with SQL Server and T-SQL
- You're very familiar with Agile concepts like CI/CD and their application to database design
- You have a passion for automation, including familiarity with tools like Ansible, Jenkins, and Octopus
- Excellent communication skills and a strong desire to work as a team to get the job done
- A meticulous attention to detail and a relentless focus on continuous improvement
- You’re fanatical about backups, data integrity, business continuity, and risk management
- 5+ years of professional experience managing SQL Server databases in a highly available, fast-paced environment – payment industry experience is a plus
Perks & Benefits
At Worldline you’ll get the chance to be at the heart of the global payments technology industry and shape how the world pays and gets paid. On top of that, you will also:
Be part of a company guided by a strong purpose to do good and recognized as the top 1% of the most sustainable companies in all sectors worldwide
Work with inspiring colleagues and be empowered to learn, grow, and accelerate your career
Cross-national work flexibility: remote, in-person, and hybrid (the option to work from our beautiful Victoria, BC office)
Annual paid vacation and wellness days starting from 23+ days per calendar year
Public holidays swap program
Retirement saving matching contribution up to 5% of salary
Extended health benefit including dental, vision, and coverage above Canada universal heath care
Lifestyle spending account: $300 towards anything that fosters a healthy lifestyle
Shape the evolution
We are on an exciting journey towards the next frontiers of payments technology, and we look for big thinkers, people with passion, can-do attitude and a hunger to learn and grow. Here you’ll work with ambitious colleagues from around the world, take on unique challenges as a team, and make a real impact on the society. With an empowering culture, strong technology and extensive training opportunities, we help you accelerate your career - wherever you decide to go. Join our global team of 18,000 innovators and shape a tomorrow that is yours to own.
Affirmative Action Plan and Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Worldline provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, colour, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Learn more about life at Worldline at careers.worldline.com