Staff AccountantApply Now
Staff Accountant (1-year Temporary Contract)
Onsite - Hybrid
(Primary Location – Victoria, BC)
We are the innovators at the heart of the payments technology industry, shaping how the world pays and gets paid. The solutions our people build today power the growth of millions of businesses tomorrow. From your local coffee shop to unicorns and international banks. From San Francisco to Auckland. We are in every corner of the world, in every part of commerce. And just as we help our customers accelerate their business, we are committed to helping our people accelerate their careers. Together, we shape the evolution of payments.
At Worldline we are on a mission to create the most customer-focused payments experience. Join our team in Victoria, BC, as a Staff Accountant.
Do you enjoy working in a team, are you motivated by a fast-paced environment and seek to develop within an international organization in fin-tech? Worldline Canada is looking for a Staff Accountant—for a 1-year term specific contract—that will join the finance team based in our North American office in Victoria, BC.
- CAD: $59,000 - $64,000 in salary
As a team player who is used to taking on responsibility and an active role in improvement and efficiency projects, you will report to the Accounting Manager as an integral member of the finance team:
- Preparing monthly account reconciliations
- Preparing correcting journal entries identified in account reconciliations
- Assist with the calculation and preparation of monthly GST/HST/PST remittances
- Liaising with management & colleagues, including our Centre of Excellence
- Assisting in month-end and year-end audit
- Other activities as they come up!
Who you are:
Do you know how to hustle and switch gears at the drop of a hat? We need someone who is ready to hit the ground running, more specifically someone with:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience in a related field (Accounting or Business Administration)
- 1-3 years of progressive experience in a similar role
- Experience working with accounting software (SAP)
- Advanced Excel skills, comfortable with data analysis
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills that will wow us
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Superior time management skills with the ability to handle multiple demanding priorities
- Confidence in their ability to keep sensitive data confidential
Who we are
Shape the evolution
We are on an exciting journey toward the next frontiers of payment technology, and we look for big thinkers, people with passion, a can-do attitude, and a hunger to learn and grow. Here you’ll work with ambitious colleagues from around the world, take on unique challenges as a team, and make a real impact on society. With an empowering culture, strong technology, and extensive training opportunities, we help you accelerate your career - wherever you decide to go. Join our global team of 18,000 innovators and shape a tomorrow that is yours to own.
Worldline provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Learn more about life at Worldline on careers.worldline.com