Group Contract ManagerApply Now
Worldline is looking for a Contract Manager with extended experience in the management and negotiation of Financial Services and Information Technology contracts (gained either as a member of an in-house legal department or Contract Management function, preferably in a large international group) to be appointed as Contract Manager, located in Wien. The required experience on Information Technology contracts includes experience on deals involving, among others, IT services, merchant services, financial services etc.
The Contract Manager in Worldline is a client facing role. The Contract Manager is a Key player in the account governance, participating in meetings as a trustful advisor to the business teams, and managing compliance with contractual obligations protecting Worldline’ interests and supporting business strategy decisions.
The Contract Managers community in Worldline is composed by a team of highly experienced contract experts, working in a global and smart professional environment in the major accounts of the Group over several countries, interconnected with technology tools that allow building their network to exchange knowledge and share different experiences. The community benefits from working under the same consistent methodology and standards defined at the Group level and having mobility and career opportunities for progressing.
The Contract Manager works closely with the account and delivery teams and support functions (Legal, Finance, Procurement, etc.), and is responsible for ensuring awareness of and compliance with contract management processes, as well supporting the legal teams on the contract negotiations in the accounts assigned. The job is focused on the following areas:
- Being a proactive member of the Worldline delivery team, advising and collaborating with the delivery managers and other team members in the contract execution in order to protect the Worldline’s interests.
- Becoming the first point of contact of the sales/delivery team for all contractual matters, being in charge of the direct follow up of the contract / legal aspects associated with relevant customer contract/s in close coordination with the corresponding Legal Counsels.
- Collaborating with the delivery teams in scope/gap analysis, project governance, management of change requests, management of subcontractors, monitor of the acceptance procedures, contract interpretation, etc.
- Participating in negotiations preparations, strategy definition and meetings with the customer.
- Contract drafting and negotiation in coordination with the corresponding Legal Counsels, in relation to the accounts where the contract manager is assigned.
- Drafting - with the other members of the delivery team- of any notifications to be sent to the customer on any contract related topics.
- Ensuring that all contract changes (e.g. addendum) are recorded in correct time and format, and that the performance of the contractual obligations is properly tracked, documented and monitored.
- Identifying, assessing and managing risk-related areas in the contract execution and supporting rigorous and effective risk management processes.
- Providing advice on issues of contractual interpretation and assisting in any disputes resolution process.
- Developing external relationships with Client contract management counterparts, Client procurement and third-party personnel, as may be required.
- Several years’ experience in the area of contract management / legal and commercial / contracts negotiation, in the Supplier side.
- Experience in IT and/or payments market. Strong understanding of contracting issues, regulations and terms and conditions within the IT services.
- Strong business focus, solution and problem solving oriented, and ability to assess contractual topics in ways to improve contracts’ productivity.
- Discipline and ability to set-up, to document and to deploy contract management processes in coordination with the operational teams in a global and international environment.
- Strong communication skills with all level of management (external or internal).
- Deliver on commitments: be reliable, risk sensitive, agile and creative.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle a fluctuating workload and multiple priorities.
- English and German proficiency is required.
- Business travel could be required from time to time.
For any questions please contact Jutta Hoch-Weinert via phone +49(0) 69 509586601.
We offer you a gross salary in line with the market for this position with the willingness to overpay the collective agreement minimum basic salary. The annual salary will be agreed according to your qualifications and relevant experience and amounts to at least EUR 47,500.