Senior Contract ManagerApply Now
At Worldline, our technology addresses persistent challenges of the payment world. We design and operate leading digital payment and transactional solutions that enable sustainable economic growth and reinforce trust and security in our societies. If you are a highly-skilled and experienced contract manager, then get ready to join our company.
We have many hardworking and dedicated peers that would love for you to work with them. We are committed to continuous improvement. We are always looking for new and innovative ways to improve quality, reduce costs, build excellent solutions, and grow customer happiness. We would like to welcome an organized, innovative and process driven colleague to our team.
As contract manager it’s your mission to support the account teams by providing contractual advice, contract negotiations and helping business teams to deploy preventive measures and processes which help to protect Worldline’s revenues and reputation and to minimize commercial disputes and litigations.
Your day-to-day responsibilities include:
- You ensure a professional administration and effective management of the overall contracts through all stages of the lifecycle to ensure compliance with all contractual requirements and obligations;
- You maintain a deep understanding of all contracts in order to mitigate risks and prevent penalties;
- You conduct complex contract negotiations with the clients;
- You advise internal teams about contractual rights, obligations and risks;
- You identify and analyze legal issues connected with business and operational matters;
- You draft, amend and review contracts with customers in close cooperation with the legal department;
- You build a close cooperation with internal departments on the topics of governance, management of change requests and contract issues;
- You are the expert on questions about the interpretation of contracts and support in the settlement of legal disputes.
Signs of success
As central contact person and internal support for all contractual matters, the Contract Manager makes the link between Sales and Legal thanks to:
- a broad knowledge of the WL products and services;
- an extensive knowledge of the conditions of similar contracts;
- a good understanding on the commercial and financial impacts of contract clauses;
- a coordinating role on version and document management.
Skills we can’t do without:
- You have graduated from university, preferably in law or economics;
- You have gained minimum 5 years in-depth experience working in a similar legal counsel, contract manager or commercial manager position;
- You have sound experience in contract management, ideally in a comparable industry;
- You have a strong understanding of contract issues, regulations and terms and conditions within the financial and IT services industry;
- Excellent writing skills experience and a talent for contract writing, factual writing or user documentation;
- High customer and service orientation;
- Very good knowledge of common MS Office applications;
- You are highly proficient in spoken and written English and French language and fluent in spoken Dutch language
Skills we’d like:
- You demonstrate a proactivity and risk mitigation approach, solution and business oriented, analytic and disciplined, strong communication and negotiation skills;
- You have experience in complex environments and an eye for detail;
- You can work autonomously in an organized and structure way;
- You are a team player and able to work in a dynamic environment;
- You work and deliver results in an international context.
More reasons to join us:
In addition to joining a global leader in digital transformation, you can also expect an excellent range of benefits. These include: a rewarding salary, 32 days’ annual leave, private medical insurance, an attractive pension scheme plus many more. We also operate a flexible benefits scheme, allowing you to purchase discounted products and services.
What’s more, we really value Innovation, Cooperation, Excellence and Empowerment. These values are reflected on our daily work. This is the core of our organization. At Worldline our top priority is to engage, encourage and develop you to help you improve your potential. In fact, we have comprehensive training and development programs in place demonstrating our dedication to developing your career.
Our success comes from strong skills, new insights, diverse points of view and the energy of all women and men from Worldline. Not only do they represent the Heart and Face of our company, they are also key players in our success. We make leading our talents a major asset in the success of our business.
Worldline is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.