Privacy Intern F/MApply Now
At Worldline, our technology addresses persistent challenges of the payment world. We design and operate leading digital payment and transactional solutions that enable sustainable economic growth and reinforce trust and security in our societies. If you are a diligent and motivated law student, currently completing a Master in law, interested in learning the inner workings of a privacy department within a regulated fast-paced multinational as well as gaining exposure to the exciting world of FinTech, then get ready to join our company.
We have many hardworking and dedicated peers that would love for you to work with them. We are committed to continuous improvement. We are always looking for new and innovative ways to improve quality, reduce costs, build excellent solutions, and grow customer happiness. We would like to welcome an organized, innovative and process driven colleague to our team.
You will work for Worldline’s Merchant Services Global Business Line. This is a major international player in end-to-end Commercial Acquiring, Multichannel Payment Acceptance and Payment Terminal solutions. Merchant Services’ unique combination of payment, digital and transactional expertise allows merchants to boost sales and enhance the customer experience.
We cover the full retail value chain, online and in-store, through a complete approach, delivering a real digital journey for retailers and their customers and facilitating consumer engagement, via seamless services, on any device – with payment at the heart of the shopping experience.
Your day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Perform research on various legal topics.
- Supporting the Data Protection Officer where necessary.
- Assist in an on-going project to ensure all data transfers are GDPR compliant.
- Assist with the development of different training material for different audiences, i.e. IT, HR, Sales & Marketing; Procurement; etc.
- Assist stakeholders with the carrying out of Data Privacy Impact Assessments and review legacy Data Privacy Impact Assessments.
- Monitor Data Subject Access Rights and ensure Data Subjects’ requests are attended to correctly within the prescribed timelines.
- Assist with the induction training for new recruits.
- Assist the Corporate Legal Counsel with administrative corporate and organizational matters (i.e. organize folders/documents, data entry, rename documents)
Throughout the day you will constantly monitor the dedicated Outlook Inbox for any data subject requests and respond to them appropriately while recording your activities in our DSAR register.
You will participate in meetings and video conferences and take notes on behalf of the DPO.
Skills we look for in a privacy intern:
- Currently completing a master’s in law with an interest and/or focus in Privacy and Data Protection
- You need to be enrolled at the University during the whole period of the internship
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Critical thinking skills and sharp analytical powers
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Strong multitasking skills and calmness under pressure
- Excellent organizational skills and a drive to systematize
More reasons to join us
In addition to joining a global leader in digital transformation, our internships offer students the opportunity to gain work experience in an exciting field and in a dynamic industry. Working within the Privacy Department provides interns with an inside look at potential career paths in a company and provides growth and networking opportunities to build on in the future.
Interns will have a chance to review and discuss the internship plan and give input on the learning objectives and expectations and will also receive a monthly internship allowance and reimbursement of public transportation costs. You need to be enrolled at the University during the whole period of the internship.
What’s more, we really value Innovation, Cooperation, Excellence and Empowerment. These values are reflected on our daily work. This is the core of our organization. At Worldline our top priority is to engage, encourage and develop you to help you improve your potential. In fact, we have comprehensive training and development programs in place demonstrating our dedication to developing your career.
Our success comes from strong skills, new insights, diverse points of view and the energy of all women and men from Worldline. Not only do they represent the Heart and Face of our company, they are also key players in our success. We make leading our talents a major asset in the success of our business.
Worldline is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.Apply Now