L3 Cloud Support engineer PPaas F/MApply Now
Our Day-to-Day Responsibilities :
Support Engineer – Hosted Solutions is part of the Operations Team. He/She provides support to a broad range of solutions delivered on the cloud as a service. These solutions are used by customers such like banks, acquirers, FinTech, merchants and provide services enabling payment features (digital receipts, alternative payment methods, reporting, remote POS maintenance, POS fleet management, etc…). He/She answers service requests as per agreed SLA/SLO/SLI and fix incidents according to qualified procedures. He/She restores the services when it is down. He/She contributes to improve the support knowledge base and enables first level of support. He/She works in close collaboration with other support entities to improve the overall quality of service.
Ensure platform availability and performance
- Pro-actively monitor the platforms to anticipate and detect issues,
- Fix incidents: analyze and investigate platform and application behavior, Zoe,s addition:support escalations from L2 team, identify the causes of the issues, and correct them
- Restore service: react on customer or monitoring alerts. Restore faulty services according to defined procedures,
- Solve problems: analyze and understand issues, identify possible actions to solve them, assess consequences of these actions, and implement selected scenarios,
- Provide to SRE and DEVOPS teams the feedback they need to improve reliability and performance of production platforms.
- Contribute to Level 1/2 support training and ramp up.
Ensure solutions users satisfaction
- Provide answers to complex enquiries that requires deep understanding of both applications and platforms,
- Process customer requests (data extraction, processing and analysis, devices and users provisioning, configuration update, permissions and user management, data restoration, etc…)
- Process project requests – e.g. on migration projects or new customer boardings.
- In collaboration with R&D, anticipate application evolutions and technical roadmap,
- Perform qualification activities (e. g. performance assessment or acceptance tests).
- Advice Level 1 and 2 support and customers on the best way to realize complex actions.
Contribute to knowledge base and enable Level 1 support
- Update knowledge base and SOPs based on field experience to improve overall support efficiency,
- Provide feedback and enablement to Level 1 support teams to help them increase their skillset and improve their ability to provide the best possible answers to customers.
Your profile :
- Bachelor of Technology or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience, in supporting complex software-based systems delivered as a Service, in production for external customers, on a public or private cloud.
- Experience working as a support engineer facing aggressive SLAs (three nines and more).
- Expertise in Linux systems administration
- Experience with support stack and ticket workflows (ticketing systems like Service Now or Jira or equivalent, CMDB systems, alerting systems (Pager Duty), wiki systems like confluence, etc…)
- Experience with production and support stack. Ours is made of Grafana, Stackdriver, Prometheus, Elastic Search, Kubernetes and pager duty. Experience with monitoring.
- Cloud experience, ideally public clouds, like Google Cloud Platform (GCP), or Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience handling virtualization, containers, dockers, micro-services based architecture,
- Experience with network technologies (VPN, IP routing, NAT, load balancing, proxy and reverse proxy, etc…)
- Able to manipulate SQL and no-SQL databases (e.g. Couchbase) and indexation systems (e.g. Elastic Search).
- Ability to understand complex scripts in python and to write simple ones,
- Ability to understand scripts and environments made using automation technologies (Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, etc…)
- Understanding of security stacks (SIEM, multi-factor authentication technologies, security monitoring solutions like Wazuh, and Web Application Firewalls like Cloudflare).
- Ability to become part of a global distributed team. Ability to align to a global and common vision.
- Quality-oriented. Careful not to break anything used in production. Careful not to break other’s contributions.
- Team player. Ability to contribute in an autonomous way. Pro-active, problem solver. Respectful of other’s contributions.
- Fluent in English.
- Keen to work in an Agile/SAFE environment.
- Keen to participate to on-duty shifts.
Our Tech in Action
Grab the popcorn, and learn about who we are, what we do, and how our solutions make day-to-day life easier, safer and more sustainable for customers, businesses and governments worldwide.
Our Tech Stack
Providing the world with the safest, friendliest, most sustainable transaction solutions requires the pinnacle of technology. At Worldline, we continually analyse, upgrade and reinvest in new solutions that will inspire our technology teams and propel your career forward.
Ready, Set, Grow!
Ready to take the next step? Here’s what you can expect from Worldline’s hiring process.