DEVOPS lead (PPaaS) F/MApply Now
Worldline is the largest European player in payment services and the fourth largest player worldwide, organized around 4 global business lines (GBL’s) : Merchant Services (MS), Terminals, Solutions & Services (TSS), Financial Services (FS) and Mobility & E-transactional services (MTS)
A key part of the TSS GBL’s strategic transformation is the build-up and delivery of a Payments Platform as a Service (PPaaS). https://www.ppaas.com/
PPaaS ambition is to build a world-class cloud-based Payments Platform as a Service (PPaaS) that empowers our ecosystem of clients and partners to offer their merchant customers innovative payment and commerce solutions available anytime, anywhere. PPaaS aims at bringing a solution to the complexity of managing and integrating with multiple players and value-added service providers, regionally and globally.
You will join a leading digital transformation company, combining the advantages of a large structure (in terms of resources, expertise, and customer proximity) with the start-up mindset & way of working (innovation, flexibility, and agile organization at scale).
You will be part of building a market disruptive solution, working on cutting-edge technology projects with rich interactions in an international environment.
Have a look at PPaaS ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFDQyS4QFOo
You will partner with our Engineering leads to evolve our long-term technical strategy and guide the team through the realization of PPaaS’ solutions. Helping us level up the PPaaS application infrastructure, establish/improve internal tools and development environments will be critical priorities for you in the role.
You will lead our global DEVOPS team, supporting them with day to day problem-solving, system and feature design, translation of technical designs into action plans and help them deliver against their overall goals and responsibilities.
- Define the vision and mission of the DEVOPS organization aligned with the PPaaS platform principles of agnosticity and scalability across global markets.
- Manage our infrastructure, using infrastructure as code, dockerisation principles and standard methodologies to orchestrate our sophisticated product suite and continuously seek out new opportunities for efficiency.
- Build a ‘go-forward’ plan to improve auto deployment, code promotion, environment resiliency and identify automation options to create the environments and make CI/CD pipelines more predictable and manageable.
- Maintain close working relationships with Product Owner(s) and Product managers to drive delivery alignment and teamwork.
- Inspire, lead and manage the Devops team members in the regions where PPaaS operates.
Experience / Skills
- 10+ years of DevOps experience
- Experience of at least 5 years in leading/coordinating team members in different regions
- Strong leadership skills – you have worked on multiple simultaneous high-impact projects, including facilitating design discussions, breaking down plans into work items, and mentoring team members.
- Solid expertise in the architecture, building and maintenance of tools stack to improve developer efficiency and code reliability.
- Ability to manage the team’s backlog, effectively prioritize and ensure E2E project management/oversight.
- Proven experience in advocating for technical initiatives using the DEVOPS tools stack.
- Proficiency in Cloud - Google Cloud Platform, K8S, Docker, Helm Chart ,Ansible / Terraform / Python / Bash, GitLab CI, ArgoCD, Flux CD, Istio, Gloo Edge
- Experience in deploying Kafka, Grafana, Prometheus in K8S as operator within the cluster.
- Expertise on Linux systems and containers (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Solid understanding of infrastructure security (https, SSH, 2FA, etc.) and modern networking for private cloud and public Internet services
- Hands-on experience with GitOps, Infrastructure as a code
- Ability to write and maintain Terraform manifests, Ansible playbooks, bash scripts, debug GCP issues
Additional important skills:
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- Strong adaptability and flexibility
- Keen to work in an Agile/SAFE environment.
- Strong team spirit, supportive of other’s contributions.
REASONS TO JOIN US !
You will work for a company that does everything possible to help you develop your potential and grow professionally (through personal development programs and training).
Our Tech in Action
Grab the popcorn, and learn about who we are, what we do, and how our solutions make day-to-day life easier, safer and more sustainable for customers, businesses and governments worldwide.
Our Tech Stack
Providing the world with the safest, friendliest, most sustainable transaction solutions requires the pinnacle of technology. At Worldline, we continually analyse, upgrade and reinvest in new solutions that will inspire our technology teams and propel your career forward.
Ready, Set, Grow!
Ready to take the next step? Here’s what you can expect from Worldline’s hiring process.