Database AdministratorApply Now
The Opportunity :
The Database Administrator is a professional with Oracle and PostgreSQL Database knowledge. He/she will be playing a key role within the Database & Application Management team, since the company’s businesses rely on the High Availability of Database Server. The DBA’s works closely with the Technical Application Managers and with the Development department, in order to provide the best solution for the problems encountered daily.
As Worldline, we want to inspire and connect businesses in the new world of commerce to exceed the expectations of their customers. We want to bring the world closer together through advanced payment solutions. As part of the Worldline Group, we enable seamless cross-border eCommerce via multiple acquirers and payment partners, offering a vast array of consumers’ globally preferred payment methods. Our IT departments are organized according to the Agile methodology, which means that employees work in self-managing teams. The Database Administrator should understand and support this way of working.
Your day-to-day responsibilities include :
- Perform maintenance updates
- 2nd/3rd level support in incident & Problem resolution of all DB’s (Prod. & non Prod).
- Liaison with development team, engineers and the business in order to resolve operational issues.
- Apply releases, changes and updates in close cooperation with other technical or business departments.
- Installing, managing and supporting new and current Database Servers
- Implementing Disaster Recover Sites Based on Oracle High Availability Solutions
- Implementing correct policies of backup and recovery
- Performance monitoring and tuning at Database Server level and understand application level issues
- Supplying technical support to other departments, establishing, registering and keeping high quality standards in the management of Database
- Creating, modifying & maintaining existing sql , shell scripts and packages to handle minor changes in infrastructure and maintain DB & Application performance
- Bring forward ideas and propose innovative solutions for improvement in areas of stability and performance
- Maintaining knowledge base
- Strong analytical skills to determine effective approaches to business solutions
- On a day to day basis you will be working as part of tribe and DBA chapter, in order to help them solve interesting problems along with new changes
Skills we can’t do without :
- Fluent in English (word and writing); Dutch is an advantage.
- Willing to take on ‘on call’ shifts (one week in 4-6 weeks)
- Minimally 5 years Oracle DBA experience
- Experience with troubleshooting and Root Cause Analysis.
- Experience in a critical 24x7 environment
- Preferably having a bachelor’s degree or similar level build up by experience
- Sound knowledge and experience in the following areas is a must
- Oracle 11g, 12c, PostgreSQL
- Oracle ASM, OEM, GoldenGate, RAC, Data Guard.
- In depth knowledge of Oracle installation and upgrades Steps
- SQL server
- Unix and Windows on DBA level
- Query tuning
- Understand Oracle Server concept, architecture and the processes involved
- In depth knowledge of Oracle installation and upgrades steps
Skills we’d like :
- DevOps skills and background
- Practical skills with Linux systems, understanding of CI/CD (Jenkins and/or GitLab) and AWS cloud infrastructure
- Shell programming, sftp, scp, ftp and basic network knowledge
- EMC storage solutions
- Knowledge of PCI-DSS
How we work is defined by our behaviour :
Think Customer: We grow customer relationships, increase customer value and anticipate our customers’ expectations.
Focus Forward: We formalize priorities and objectives and contribute with impact to business strategic decisions. By formulating a clear strategy and map the steps to accelerate the organization towards our strategic goals.
Inspire: We demonstrate enthusiasm and positive energy. We communicate in a simple and compelling way and translate the vision of the company in a meaningful mission. Ultimately building a sense of purpose in the organization.
Team up: Offer support to others in achieving their foals. Encourage shared responsibilities and promote high visibility of shared contributions and goals. We break down barriers and resolve conflicts by seeking active collaboration.
Drive: We focus on priorities and deliver results. Constantly thinking about conditions to meet and changes to make to obtain tangible results. We consistently exceed expected results.
More reasons to join us :
In addition to joining a global leader in digital transformation, you can also expect an excellent range of benefits. These include: a rewarding salary, 29.5 days’ annual leave, shift allowance, an attractive pension scheme plus many more.
What’s more, we really value Innovation, Cooperation, Excellence and Empowerment. These values are reflected on our daily work. This is the core of our organization. At Worldline our top priority is to engage, encourage and develop you to help you improve your potential. In fact, we have comprehensive training and development programs in place demonstrating our dedication to developing your career.
Our success comes from strong skills, new insights, diverse points of view and the energy of all women and men from Worldline. Not only do they represent the Heart and Face of our company, they are also key players in our success. We make leading our talents a major asset in the success of our business.
Worldline is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.