Devops Integration Engineer (F/M)Apply Now
DevOps Integration Engineer
Worldline is the European leader in digital payments and number four worldwide, powered by over 20,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Every day, our technology provides the trusted infrastructure for millions of people and businesses around the world - and we´re just getting started. We are on an exciting journey to lead the way towards the next frontier of payments. Our ambitions are extraordinarily high, and we need the best people in the world to bring them to life – people like you. So if you are a highly skilled Devops Integration Engineer looking to make a real impact on the world, join our journey!
As a DevOps Engineer within the Business Services Integration Belgium team of the Production Services division you are responsible for supporting our development team by :
Assist in the setup of the environment on which our software stack runs;
Assist in the setup of Monitoring/Metrics/Logging and providing access to these systems for the tribe;
Research and propose changes to the current environment stack.
You will plays a crucial role in the integration of the application and technical components by using or developing a broad understanding of the entire technology stack of Linux OS; middleware; monitoring; database systems and network technologies.
Work schedule: business hours, with option to participate in a 24/7 on call support + occasional planned interventions outside business hours.
Your day-to-day responsibilities include
- Acquire profound knowledge of new and existing business services and its related application(s) and their underlying infrastructure and supporting technologies within your domain
- Contribute to the build; configuration; integration and deployment to production of the different software, monitoring and infrastructure components
- Contribute to Project Production readiness assessment or review
- Contribute in the trouble shooting and resolution process to provide a rapid restore or service recovery.
- Perform detailed analysis at application and/or infrastructure level in case of incidents and problems, mainly at application level
- Interact with various internal Monitoring, Operations and Development support functions to resolve production issues or to redesign/refine processes, procedures, delivery mechanisms and support models
- Identify and develop tools, techniques and procedures for improving the alarming, monitoring, performance, availability and reliability of applications
- Identify Single Point of Failure both at application and infrastructure level
- Work to provide services to agreed SLA’s and OLA’s
- Ensure compliance with departmental policies (i.e. change control, IT security standards, release management, incident management)
- Review application support documentation
- Contribute to process development and best practice. Looking at new ways to improve resilience, performance levels and supportability
Signs of success
- Master or Bachelor degree in IT, Electronics or Industrial Engineering
- Broad understanding of following technologies:
- Development and scripting tools: .Net Core; C/C++; SQL; Unix shell; Python;
- Applications : Apache; Tomcat; Jboss; Openssl;
- DBMS: MySQL; PostgreSQL; Oracle;
- OS: Linux/Unix; Windows;
- Networking and security principles (TLS, DNS, firewalls, HTTP, , …);
- You show interest to use the following techniques:
- Gitlab; Nexus; Jenkins; ServiceNow;
- Docker; Docker Swarm; K8; OpenShift;
- Zabbix; Grafana; ELK stack; PagerDuty; Prometheus; Kibana;
- VM Provisioning: Puppet; Ansible; Chef; Terraform;
- Cloud computing: AWS; Azure
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Service- and result oriented
- Team player
- Ability to work autonomously
- Accurate; assertive, pro-active and persistent
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines and dynamically changing priorities
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams at an international scale (France; Germany; Sweden; India)
- Fluent in English and/or French/Dutch
Perks & benefits
Next to a rewarding salary, we offer you the following local benefits in this role:
- Health insurance
- Group insurance
- Annual bonus depending on financials results of the company and fixed KPI’s
- Flexible working hours in addition to the remote working scheme
- Learning plan tailored to the employee’s needs
Grow with us, create tomorrow
At Worldline, we are dedicated to helping our people unlock their full potential - both professionally and personally. With comprehensive training and development programs, expert communities, and global mobility programs, you will always be able to develop and grow at Worldline - wherever you want to go and whatever you want to do. We also offer flexible hours and remote working, to empower you to be your best self at work and at home. 8 in 10 Worldliners consider Worldline a friendly place to work, and 9 in 10 are satisfied with the training & development they receive.
Worldline is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Learn more about life at Worldline on careers.worldline.com
Our Tech in Action
Grab the popcorn, and learn about who we are, what we do, and how our solutions make day-to-day life easier, safer and more sustainable for customers, businesses and governments worldwide.
Our Tech Stack
Providing the world with the safest, friendliest, most sustainable transaction solutions requires the pinnacle of technology. At Worldline, we continually analyse, upgrade and reinvest in new solutions that will inspire our technology teams and propel your career forward.
Ready, Set, Grow!
Ready to take the next step? Here’s what you can expect from Worldline’s hiring process.